The purpose of this book club is to explore how to mount an effective struggle against the destruction of the planet. Currently, we are reading the book Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet.
Our second meeting is on April 9th at 12:00PM at the Santa Barbara Eastside Library. This meeting will cover Chapters 2 and 3. We encourage anyone interested in the book club to join us, even if you did not attend the previous meeting.
We will discuss the following questions:
1) Do you think civilization, industrial or otherwise, is redeemable? Why or why not?
2) How did the “Liberalism vs. Radicalism” comparison affect your understanding of this distinction and your understanding of political action?
3) How has your understanding of any of the four main categories of action discussed in Chapter 3 (legal remedies, direct action, withdrawal, and spirituality) changed?
4) Do you think an underground movement should mobilize to dismantle civilization?
5) Do you think it is ever appropr…
Event displayed using Wallflux.com