The purpose of this book club is to explore how to mount an effective struggle against the destruction of the planet. Currently, we are reading the book Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet.
This meeting will cover Chapters 2 and 3. We encourage anyone interested in the book club to join us, even if you did not attend the previous meeting.
We will discuss the following questions:
1) Do you think civilization, industrial or otherwise, is redeemable? Why or why not?
2) How did the “Liberalism vs. Radicalism” comparison affect your understanding of this distinction and your understanding of political action?
3) How has your understanding of any of the four main categories of action discussed in Chapter 3 (legal remedies, direct action, withdrawal, and spirituality) changed?
4) Do you think an underground movement should mobilize to dismantle civilization?
5) Do you think it is ever appropriate to use violence as a political tool?
6) What was your favorite part of the reading?
The entire book is available online here: https://deepgreenresistance.org/support-us/deep-green-resistance-store/products/deep-green-resistance-ebook-detail. If you can afford to buy the book, we would greatly appreciate your support. We will also have physical copies for sale ($20 each) at all book club meetings.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.